What happens if I am homeless?

Stevenage Borough Council and North Hertfordshire District Council support homeless applicants and can in some situations arrange emergency and/or temporary accommodation.

If we accept a homeless duty you will be expected to use the Home4U scheme to look for an appropriate property as your permanent home.

If you are unable to participate in the Home4U scheme or if you choose not to, we may find and offer a property to you.

If you refuse this offer you may not be given another one and the Council may not assist you further. You will have to leave your temporary accommodation and find your own home.

this site was created for Home4U by Sector [UK] Ltd in partnership with LHS